The role of the curriculum committee in this process as follows
- Grievances or Complaints mean the same and are used interchangeably
- A disciplinary action process is followed when a complaint is made against staff.
- Grievance/Complaint forms are available at the Reception/Front Office.
- Grievance can be raised by a Patient, Vendor or Employee.
- Grievance forms for Patients/Vendors and Employees are different. Each form is numbered.
- An employee can register their Grievances through the Ibhar Complaint management system (provided they have access to the system) or the Ibhar Mobile DWM app.
- When employees do not have access to the Ibhar complaint management system they can request a form from the front office. Employees are required to deposit their completed Grievance forms in the Complaint box available at the reception or any other area.
- The Complaint box would be under lock and key and accessed by the Grievance Officer. The Grievance officer would record all Complaints/Grievances in the Ibhar Complaint management system.
- The complaint is assigned to a nominated person linked to the complaint type as soon as the complaint is created. A user/person’s name is assigned to each complaint type.
- Notification by way of an SMS or Email is sent to the person as soon as the complaint is assigned to them. The TAT computation is initiated on the assignment of the complaint to a person.
- The person to whom the complaint is assigned is required to close the complaint within the turn-around time.
- On the closure of the complaint, it is mandatory to record this in the Ibhar complaint management system as closed.
- A notification is sent to the complainant (creator/owner of the complaint) when the complaint is closed.
- The complainant can Open the complaint (request personnel having access) if the complaint has not been resolved completely.
Closure Of Complaints
All complaints would be closed within the stipulated closure period. Each complaint type has been assigned a TAT (turn-around time within which it is required to be closed). This is defined in the Ibhar system under Complaint types.
Monitoring Open Complaints
Complaints that have been open beyond the turn-around time would be monitored by the respective department heads and appropriate steps would be taken to ensure closure of such complaints. Un-resolved Staff complaints would be forwarded to the Grievance Committee for resolution.
The Grievance committee would meet at least once a month and take note of unresolved complaints.
The Grievance officer is nominated year to year whose name is available in the List of Key personnel of the organization.
Complaints Against The Grievance Officer
In case where the complaint is against the Grievance Officer, the filled up Complaint form would be handed over to the Hospital Administrator.
Complaints On Staff And Disciplinary Action
All Complaints on Staff would be directed to the nominated person to handle such complaints. Refer to the "Complaint on Staff" complaint type. Non-compliances to certain procedures would automatically be created as a Complaint in the Ibhar system.
The nominated person would conduct an inquiry and classify the complaint as:
- Major offence
- Minor offence
- No offence
- No offence: The complaint would be closed.
- Minor offence: A verbal counseling would be made or the employee reprimanded. The Verbal Counseling form would be used to communicate.
- The employee would be required to the communication in duplicate.
- A copy of this would be kept in the HR department.
- Major offence: All offences categorized as major offences would be referred to the Disciplinary Action Committee.
- The Disciplinary action committee would order the complainant and the staff (on whom the complaint has been raised) to attend the committee meeting. The order for the meeting would be communicated using the DISCIPLINARY ACTION COMMITTEE HEARING NOTIFICATION form.
- The Disciplinary Action Committee would record its observation in the DISCIPLINARY ACTION TAKEN FORM
- The Disciplinary Action Take form would be signed by:
- The Chair of the Disciplinary Action Committee
- The employee of whom action is taken
- When multiple employees are involved, ONE form would be created for each employee.
- A copy of the form would be given to:
- The employee
- The HR department for filing and documentation
- In the event of gross misconduct, the employee’s services would be terminated. Refer to the Policy on Employee Service Termination.
- An Employee can appeal against the decision of the Disciplinary Action Committee.
- Appeals in the Hospital are managed by the Administrator or the Appeals Committee.
- An Appeal can be made by the employee by filling up the Appeal form.
- The Appeal form should be deposited in a covered envelope along with a copy of the Disciplinary Action Committee order.
- The Administrator will address the appeal if the Administrator is the Authority otherwise the Appeal would be sent to the Appeals Committee.
- The Appeals Committee or the Administrator (if authorized) will decide to hear the appellant and decide to either UPHOLD or REVERSE the decision.
- The decision would be documented in the Appeal Form submitted by the Appellant.
- The decision would communicate to the Appellant.
- The completed form would be filed for documentation in the HR department.
- Complaint form
- Disciplinary action committee hearing notification
- Disciplinary action taken form
- Appeal form
- Policy for employee services termination